A company’s website not only needs to appeal to its ideal clients but, those clients need to be able to find them when searching online.
Once you create your website, don’t let it be the biggest secret out there. Your website isn’t a Field Of Dreams. If you build it, they might not necessarily come.
Here are some tips that you can use to help you with your search engine strategy.
- Create a unique page for each of your products or services.
- Make sure that you don’t try to put everything about your company in detail on one web page.
- Make sure the most important content is located at the top of your web pages, above the “fold”.
- Use semantic mark up. In other words, use H1, H2, H3 tags to introduce the most important portions of content on your web page.
- Make sure that your web pages include Meta Tags.
- Make sure that the content on your web pages support that page’s Meta Tags. In other words, the Meta Tags describe the content that is located on your web page.
- Make sure that the Title Tag of your web page matches your Title Meta Tag.
- Create a XML Site Map and submit it to Bing, Google and Yahoo.
- Open a Google Webmaster Account and use Google Analytics.
- 10. Open a Bing Webmaster Tools Account.
- 11. Add video to your website (but only if it is high quality video that supports your products, services or brand).
- 12. If you are using WordPress, make sure to install a SEO Plug In.
These tips can help your website become a magnet to your ideal customer. Keep in mind, there are two parts need to be satisfied on your website for a customer to contact you. They need to find your website and they need to be compelled to act. In addition to preparing your website’s SEO strategy also ensure that your website is compelling to your ideal customer both visually and through its messaging. When all of these are aligned, it is easier for a potential customer to say yes and see your company as the only one they want to do business with.