Video and Live Video on social media has killed the static posting “Radio Star”.
And, similar to the advancement in television viewing and our teenage obsession of hour after hour watching “My MTV”, video and live video when it comes to branding can make or break a brand.
Video and Live Video on social media and on your website is great. But, just like that first Bungles’ video made its debut on MTV, it can break a Radio Star’s Brand if the video does not represent that brand in its full glory. Video when not “on brand” can bring a brand to its knees. But, if done correctly, it can make a brand soar.
Video and even live video should be planned when it comes to representing your brand.
Set your brand’s stage for success …
- Have a plan for what you are going to say. Rehearse it. Have cue cards or talking points to help keep you on topic.
- Look at your surroundings. Make sure they are “on brand”. This means that if you want to shine, move away from the view of your dirty dishes in your kitchen or mess of laundry that needs to be folded on the sofa.
- Live Video will show as a mirror image (backwards, like looking in the mirror). Any written text that shows while the video is being recorded will be backwards upon viewing. Be aware of this as it can become a distraction to your viewers.
- Create your stage. Remove distractions. Have a backdrop screen (pull up display) created to maximize your brand’s exposure.
- Sit up. Or stand up. Don’t slouch on the sofa.
- Be in a properly lit environment.
- Let your brand’s personality shine. Just as when you go to meet a potential customer, you “are on”, so bring your bubbly attitude to the forefront. Don’t be a brand wallflower.
- For video, put together a video pre-roll introduction that keeps a consistency with your brand, similar to what you might see with your favorite TV show.
- Add a “poster frame” (the first picture to be displayed) to your video for later use.
- Save your video, and enable it to be shared and re-posted on different platforms.
Have fun when venturing into using video and the new frontier of Live Video on your brand’s online and social platform.
Video and live video can advance your brand to new levels when you create your brand’s game plan and stay “on brand”.