How to increase sales has been a question of the ages for businesses of all sizes. Before there was a world-wide web, reaching markets across the country or overseas for most small businesses was only just a pipe dream, now it is an everyday reality.
If you think your website is just an online store, think again.
Your website is a powerful brand statement as well as an extended ad for the products and services that you offer. Much like a magazine or catalog, it entices readers with information they can use, invites them to learn more about your products and services, and motivates them to buy from you.
Below are some tips for getting your web viewers to act when they get to your site:
- Keep your web copy brisk and concise.
- Use statements that encourage your audience to click on different links.
- Use subheadings to break up your copy (but not so many of them that your page becomes cluttered).
- Give your site a personality that reflects well on your brand.
- Keep your site professional.
- Be unique … don’t try to sound like everybody else
Don’t know what type of words get people to act? Below is a list of words that can be used to grab people’s attention in your web copy…
Words That Sell
Phrases That Sell
This is just a short list of words and phrases that can help you to write web copy that gets people to act. If you are still unsure of where to begin, contact your web designer – they can help you build a website that reflects your brand and can get you in touch with copy writers if you should need them. The important thing is to make sure your website works for you and gets your target audience to act once they find you.