The Ever Expanding Branding & Technology Universe
Design and Technology converge … oh my! Designers, Brand Strategists, Technology Specialists, and more in the Creative and Online Technology Industries came together in Seattle for The Seattle Interactive Conference. The theme was Disruptive Thinking and how technologies impact how we work and play in our daily lives – with the core exploration of emerging trends and “The Next Big Thing”. Sessions included: Customer Experience, Marketing, Culture, Designs, Personal Development, Business Development and Virtual Reality.
A key theme from the presenters is what we know to be a reality now, will be vastly different just 2 short years from now, and businesses must adapt to these changes, or they will be passed up by competitors who are advancing with their use of technology.
Below are some take a ways to help you keep relevant in this ever changing world…
In The World Of Branding…
- Visual IQ is the fastest rising IQ in the nation.
- Your visuals should tell a story. People see the visuals before reading your message.
- Use custom photography or illustrations whenever possible.
- Custom is important! It makes the business look credible.
- Great design is about the details.
- It takes less than 50 Milliseconds to form a first impression.
- Simplify your logo so that it looks good as a social media icon.
In The World Of Marketing…
- Consumers are totally in control of when and how they will receive the message.
- By creating personalized content, consumers are more likely to share.
- The vehicle you use to market your business is just as important as the idea.
- Today’s consumers would rather view video or animated posts more than any other content.
- 70-80% of people are opening and viewing your company first on mobile.
- Saying Offer, Offer, Offer is like telling your dog to Sit, Sit, Sit. You devalue the experience.
- Don’t be too pushy with your push marketing.
- The new marketing formula is: Theme, Format, Platform and Audience.
- The marketing research funnel has changed. No longer is it a straight path to a sale, now there are a lot more considerations before a potential customer will say YES to the sale.
In The World Of Social Media…
- Before starting a social media campaign, think of your audience pool and have a plan.
- Your social posts must be Thumb Stopping and Disruptive.
- The purpose of social media is viral sharing. Have a plan, then post.
- Know your audience. Post where they are. Don’t be afraid to try something new.
- Brands can’t just talk to you. Brands need to be able to have conversations.”
- Have “Snackable” content. This is content broken into smaller marketing elements designed to string together to make a larger message.
- Intrigue people just enough to get them to stop, pause and want to learn more.
- Add Live-Streaming To Your Marketing Mix.
What is the next big thing?
Just think, what is known to be reality now, was just a vision we had seen on episodes of The Jetsons. Virtual reality is now here. Driverless cars are now here. And, accessing just about everything from being social to the security of your home from your mobile devices is here. In the 20 years O’Daniel Designs has been serving our clients in the areas of branding, marketing and website development, there have been many changes. There is no more dial up connection to get online, our printing process has been streamlined to digital, and websites are now being developed for mobile viewing first.
To keep your brand moving forward in this ever changing technology driven universe, ask yourself “What is the next big thing”. And, make steps to move yourself in the direction of what is soon to be our next new reality.
As the song goes, “This is Ground Control, to Major Tom. Commencing countdown, engines on.”
Enjoy the ride.